|SISTERS GUILD - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions relate to all and any agreement between us when you buy items from us at www.sistersguild.co.uk
"We" means Sisters Guild Ltd a company registered in England and Wales, Company Number 07247747 whose Registered Office is at 35 Compton Avenue, Brighton, BN1 3PT
"Consumer" means anyone purchasing not in the course of a business as described in S12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
"Website" means www.sistersguild.co.uk
- ABIDE BY TERMS
By ordering from us you will be deemed to be aged 18 or over and to have read, understood and have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you are entering into an agreement on behalf of an organisation, you confirm that you have the legal right to do so.
- ORDERING & SUPPLY OF GOODS SERVICES
- "Items" and "products" are those supplied as detailed on your order.
- To place an order you must use the Order process
- Your order is not accepted until we have confirmed this by e-mail or in writing. We reserve the right to refuse any order without specifying a reason. Your order confirmation will detail what you ordered and the price payable.
- If an item you order is not available, then we will contact you and you can either choose to wait until those items are available, or accept an alternative or receive a full refund within 28 days.
- Whilst we will use our reasonable endeavours to supply the items you order, we are not responsible for any failure to provide, nor any unavailability.
- Any recommendations for other suppliers, including any links from the website, do not form any recommendation, endorsement or guarantee.
- PRICES AND PAYMENT
- Prices exclude delivery charges and are inclusive of VAT except for children's clothing which is VAT free. Current delivery charges to mainland UK are at www.sistersguild.co.uk/shipping.php.
- Prices will vary from time to time, at our sole discretion, and we cannot guarantee to hold prices for any length of time. Current prices are displayed on the website.
- The total price for a website order, including your chosen delivery option, is displayed and confirmed upon checkout before placing the order.
- Payment must be made in full, by credit/debit card, or by Paypal in GBP Sterling before any order, or part order, can be dispatched.
- We consider payment to be received and cleared when it has been processed and either transferred to and reached our account or authorised by your payment provider as we, at our discretion, determine.
- Items are despatched when we have received cleared payment. The title in any items will not pass to you until we have received full payment
- For security our website uses encryption. In addition, if you pay using a third party, such as Paypal, you will be deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions of the third party.
- For delivery charges please refer to clause 4(1) and www.sistersguild.co.uk/shipping.php. Delivery charges quoted are for delivery to addresses in mainland UK. If you want items to be delivered to an address outside mainland UK, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering.
- For dispatch and delivery time estimates, please refer to www.sistersguild.co.uk/shipping.php. We will use all reasonable endeavours to complete any supply to you within any time estimate that we provide. However, we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered because of any unavoidable or reasonable delay in completion, including third party involvement and failure to deliver items.
- Delivery of some items may be by a service which requires a signature on receipt. Signature confirms receipt but also the condition of the parcel received. - see Clause 7 following.
- For international sales, please refer to our International Sales Policy below
- Taking delivery of items is entirely your own responsibility. If you are unable to take delivery and the items are returned to us, then we will arrange redelivery at your expense. In any event, the delivery charges are non-refundable.
- RESPONSIBILITY & COPYRIGHT
- We are not responsible for variations in design or colour, either in our advertising or displayed on a monitor. If you require an item in a particular shade or style etc then we always recommend you contact us for a sample before placing your order. In addition, the colour or design of items viewed on screen is not 100% accurate and there may be some variation due to lighting effects, monitor settings and other factors. You are responsible for making your own examination and investigation.
- Likewise hand-made items or items made using natural substances do vary. This is not a fault with the item. To ensure that items have most continuity and are most likely to be similar we always suggest that you order any similar items required in one order rather than in several separate orders. Please also remember that vintage items will show signs of age and use.
- It is your responsibility, particularly when purchasing personalised items, to thoroughly check, proof-read and approve all proofs, drafts, samples, and anything we supply to you. We are not responsible for any errors, amendments or rectifications required once you approve a proof etc and any changes will be charged at our usual rates.
- You confirm that anything passed to us by you will be supplied in the format required by us having been checked by you as being accurate, virus-free and not breaching any copyright or intellectual property or the rights of any third party whatsoever and is not contrary to any law. It is always your responsibility to retain any copies/back-up of anything you provide to us.
- You further agree that we have a non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free licence to use anything you supply to us as necessary solely for the purposes of providing you with your order.
- If we produce items just for you, such as embroidered items, you agree that we have the right to include details or images of them, as examples, on our website or in any advertising.
- You confirm that you understand that we either hold the copyright to the items and the website, including designs, graphics and content used or have the permission of the copyright owner to use the items. You agree that you will not breach any copyright and/or intellectual rights in the website, for anything whatsoever supplied to you or available from us.
- You confirm that you are responsible for safe and legal use of the website, including any password or access details and of anything we supply to you. We particularly draw your attention to suitability and use of items with young children.
- You specifically agree that we have no liability in respect of this clause and furthermore you will indemnify us for any loss whatsoever.
- PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ORDER
- It is your responsibility to examine items very carefully upon receipt of your order for any damage. If there is damage to items, or if a parcel shows any signs of damage whatsoever, then:
- where a signed for service is used, please sign for the item as, 'Received Damaged'; and
- retain the original packaging; and
- notify us within 7 days of receipt by e-mail to email@example.com
- Where there is a problem with your order, such as the wrong items arrive or an item is missing from your order, you must:
- retain the original packaging; and
- notify us within 7 days of receipt by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not notify us of damage or problem with your order within 7 days of you receiving your package, then we will assume that you have accepted the order.
- Once you have contacted us, we will explain the returns procedure to you and what you need to do.
- It is your responsibility to return items to us and we will advise as to the method of return. We always recommend that you obtain proof of return posting. However, if we agree that the item is damaged or the problem with your order is our fault, then we will either offer a replacement or refund you and we will also pay the return delivery costs for all items which we ask you to return to us.
- CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
- Consumers have certain rights to cancel some items ordered from the website. If you wish to cancel an order, please contact us in writing at email@example.com within 7 working days following the day the item is received by the consumer. However, this cancellation right does not apply to certain items, including personalised items and perishable items etc.
- Cancelled items must be returned, within 28 days of cancellation, at your own expense and in the original packaging, with adequate return insurance. You are under a duty to take care of the items until they have been returned to us.
- You will then receive a refund of all monies paid for the items (including any delivery charges) except for return postal charges. However, if you fail to return the item(s) following cancellation, we are entitled to deduct the cost of recovering the items from you.
- Consumers' cancellation rights do not apply to businesses nor all items.
- REFUNDS TO YOU
Refunds to you will be made by us within 28 days from the date upon which we received the returned items. We refund you using the same method by which your original payment to us was made.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
- To the extent that the law allows we will not be held responsible for any loss, incidental or consequential damage, or loss arising out of installation, use (unauthorised or otherwise), errors, mistakes, accident, theft or fraud, destruction, or any part of the provision of items.
- In the unlikely event that we would be held liable for any losses occurring as a result of our agreement with you, then such total damages for any loss whatsoever shall be limited, in relation to any one incident or series of related incidents, to 100% of the amount paid by you.
- DATA PROTECTION & PRIVACY
- Any items we provide to you may be reliant on information provided by you, so you are responsible for ensuring that any information you provide is accurate, correct and up-to-date. Data will be held according to current applicable Data Protection legislation subsisting in England.
- QUERIES, COMPLAINTS & NOTICES
- We aim to respond to any queries or complaints within 7 working days. Complaints must be addressed in writing to our firstname.lastname@example.org. If any cause of complaint may amount to a breach of our agreement with you then you must allow us 30 days to remedy that breach.
- Notices for us can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. We will contact you by using the address provided on the order form.
Each Clause or any part of our Terms and Agreement are to be regarded as independent of the others. This means that should any Clause or any part the Agreement between us be found to be unenforceable or invalid, it will not affect the enforceability or validity of the rest of our Agreement.
These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
INTERNATIONAL SALES POLICY
- If you are importing any of our items, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for compliance with importing laws and requirements of the country to which the items are shipped and this is entirely at your own expense and risk.
- In addition to the purchase price of the items, you accept full responsibility for any and all handling charges, shipping costs, insurance, import duties, fees, liabilities and tax/duty costs, which may arise or apply to your order and transportation.
- Whilst we will do all we can to assist (e.g. special packaging etc which may involve extra payment by you to us), we will not be responsible for any non-delivery or import duty charged or any fines or impositions as a result of any import or attempted import.